Thursday, January 17, 2008

My Last-First Class at Georgetown

This week culminated as my last-first week at Georgetown. My two courses for the semester are about policy and they will be my last two Georgetown CCT courses before I head to Oxford University this summer for an International Business Management program.

I'm tired after working a marathon twelve hour day where the association I work for hosted a conference on telework and identity management, but I wanted to kick this blog off. My primary intentions are to follow the Presidential Primaries and my simultaneous campaign to apply for a U.S. government fellowship to go and conduct work-study in Israel next year as a supplement to my Georgtown Masters degree. In this blog, I'll also be discussing my interests in new media, public policy, and anything else that motivates me to log-on. This will be written in a stream-of-consciousness and your comments are welcomed.

I will also use the blog to submit weekly book and article reviews on various topics.

In the class we discussed Capwiz and several other advocacy tools. Although we don't leverage all of the value of this tool, the association that I work for contracts that solution.

We are currently running a campaign to influence the Congress to reform the High-Skilled Visa Programs of the United States so our companies can recruit the best and brightest from around the world. In a hyperglobalized economy, if these talents cannot work for American companies they will directly compete with them. Therefore, I'd like to welcome other students to view our campaign and surf AeA's Capwiz site at http://capwiz.com/aea

Stay tuned as more to come...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]