Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Random Thoughts Rolled Into a Post

Obama just won Mississippi to create a little more space between he and Clinton, but things def got interesting over the last two weeks. I'm sure the race is going to the convention now, but we'll have to see. The Obama campaign invited me up to Pennsylvania and I'm considering going. I couldn't make OH, but PA could be easier time-wise and since I have friends in Philadelphia and the suburbs there. I just moved into a new apartment so I am not sure if I can do the timing stuff, but I def want to get involved.

The IPDI study was a pretty good read. I enjoyed some of the take-aways and am applying them in my day job. Plus I am hosting a training session on grassroots on Thursday for my entire company and I was able to create some slides based on the study. The article on Terri Schiavo was a little uncomfortable to read. I felt strongly that the whole situation being made a government issue was just WRONG. It was a family matter and for random people to breach the privacy of Shiavo's husband was wrong.

In preparation for the training session, I also took a couple more stabs at Change and Care2. I still don't find the networks to be that valueable, but was able to click around to more pressing social issues (like hugging trees and making sure butterflies can fly free) instead of the social issues that I'm more interested in like green tech and CSR.

Last random thought was that I tried to publish a new blog post to the MyBarackObama network on Sunday and either I was timed out or my Internet connection dropped. It was a lost opportunity and a frustrating experience. The frustration of a user on such a political network can def. impact how they feel about their candidate. So hosting such blogging software can come with unintend consequences.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]