Sunday, April 13, 2008

Hillary Clinton's Next Job

While watching the Chris Matthews show, David Brooks made the announcement on the "Tell me Something I Don't Know" feature that Hillary Clinton will be the next Governor of New York State. I hadn't even thought of her as a possible successor to Spitzer and now David Paterson, but it makes sense...especially if she wants to get some executive experience under her belt in-case she wants to run for President in 2012 or 2016. For all the nay-sayers that have claimed that being the First Lady isn't real experience, this would certainly change their opinion.

Hillary is also well loved with-in the state. I have contended, in this blog, and in general that if she doesn't win the election she will be the next Senate Majority Leader. Harry Reid hasn't been doing much and doesn't have the same brand name as Clinton. She is a very good Senator and would do a great job as Majority Leader. And I think she'll also be a very effective Governor, if she decides to run for that office.

I think Patterson is marred under the blotching of Spitzer's affair. He will not be able to win a re-election, no matter what happens between now and then. I was sure that a Republican (Bloomberg???) would win the gubernatorial race, but if Hillary goes for it she will win. Time will tell. Thank you David Brooks for giving me something to write about this week on the blog as I've been focusing most of my efforts on finishing the comparative analysis on Obama and McCain's websites for our final. I will post that as soon as its finished.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]